Yummy Egg curry for chapati is one of the easiest subzis. It is less time consuming and does not involve any complication. All you need is a few boiled eggs and masalas. Rest is a magic. It is perfect for dinner. It is suitable on any given day, esp a week day when you run short of time.
In this dish, the eggs are coated with the tasty spices and coconut milk. This makes the dish flavorful. If you don’t like to eat boiled egg. This dish is just for you. This recipe is a variant for the egg curry that I had posted earlier.
Yummy Egg curry for Chapati
Prep time 5 min
Cook time 20 min
Oil 3 tbsp
Chili powder 2 tsp
Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Boiled eggs 4-5 nos. (slit it lengthwise)
Cinnamon 1 inch piece
Cloves 2 nos.
Cardamom 1 no.
Jeera 1 tsp
Green chilies 2 nos. (slit)
Onions chopped 2 nos.
Chopped tomatoes 2 nos.
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilipowder 1 tbsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Fresh coconut milk 1 cup (150 ml)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Heat a skillet, add 2 tsp oil, add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chili powder, pepper powder. Roast it for few seconds. Add the boiled eggs.
- Saute it for 5 mins. Let the spices coat the eggs well. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and jeera. When it turns light brown, add green chilies, chopped onions.
- Saute for few mins until the onions turn golden brown. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste. Saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Saute for few mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt. Saute till the tomatoes get cooked and leave the sides of the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup water and let it come to boil. Now add the coconut milk. Close the skillet with a lid. Let it cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add the eggs. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with chapati