If you are confused of what to do with the spring onion you got from your veg vendor, I am sure this simple recipe is definitely worth it. Spring Onion curry is a very different recipe from Andhra cuisine. The fresh spring onions are often used by us for noodles or many other chinese recipes. The onion springs give a unique taste and goes well with rice.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Spring onions, 1 bunch, cleaned and bulbs and stalks separated, both chopped and set aside.
moong daal 1/3 cup soaked for half an hour
Jeera 1 tsp
Green chillies 3 nos
Coriander powder. 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Tomatoes, 2 ripe medium sized, finely chopped
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and green chilies and saute.
- Add the finely chopped onion bulbs and saute it for few mins.
- Add coriander and turmeric and cook for 2 mins. Now add the chopped spring onion stalks and saute.
- Now drain the water from moong dal and add the dal to the pan and cook with the lid on for 10 mins.
- Add tomatoes salt and garam masala powder and cook it further for another 10 mins. The curry is ready
Serve hot with Rice or Roti