Truffle is a very easy dessert. It can be prepared in a jiffy if you have all the ingredients in place. This contains everything that could satiate your craving. A piece of cake, a scoop of ice-cream/ custard, lot of fruits, nuts and anything and everything you binge on. It is a pure sin if you are going to hog a bucket of it. But, if you just take a little bowl then, there is no guilt. Tuffle is a best choice for kids parties.
Prep Time 1 hour
Resting Time 3-4 hours
Cook Time 1 hour
Plain sponge cake 1 medium sized ( I have added the recipe at the end of this page)
Custard (Prepare custard using 2 tbsp custard powder, half litre milk and sugar)
Fruits of your choice
Biscuits – oreo or nut cookies
Roasted nuts for garnishing
- Slice the cake in thin layers and keep aside
- Take a large bowl, layer the bottom with the biscuits
- Now, layer the custard on top to cover the biscuits
- Then, layer a slice of the sponge cake
- Top it up with fruits of your choice. I have added banana, strawberries, pomegranate, mango and blueberries
- Then, add another layer of sponge cake
- Top it up with custard. Repeat this and make number of layers that you want
- Finally, garnish with nuts or fruits on top while serving
Until you serve this dish place it in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. The cake would need sometime to absorb the custard.
Enjoy yummy dessert!
Making Sponge cake in Cooker
Flat bottomed steel vessel, that needs to hold the cake
Plates to keep inside the cooker (as shown in the picture)
Salt 1/2 cup
Plain vanilla sponge cake (With Egg)
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 40 min
Maida/ Refined flour 1 1/2 cup (1 cup = 250 ml)
Baking powder 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1 1/2 cup
Eggs 3 nos.
Vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil 1/2 cup
Curd 1/2 cup
- In a big bowl, beat the eggs well. Add oil and sugar. Mix well until the sugar dissolves. Add curd and vanilla extract.
- Sift, maida and baking powder. Add this to the above, slowly. Keep mixing while adding the powder.
- Mix gently.
- Grease a flat vessel. Tranfer the cake mixture to the vessel. Tap it gently so that it would be even. Set Aside.
- Place the cooker on the stove, add half cup salt. Keep the steel ring and place the plate carefully on the ring.
- Heat the cooker in high flame for 4-5 mins. Place the vessel on top of the plate carefully.
- Close it with cooker’s lid. Do not put the whistle. Simmer it add cook as it is for 40 mins
- After 40 mins, insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean then the cake is done. Else cook it for 5 more mins
If you have an oven or convection oven. Then it is wise enough to bake it. So for that you have to preheat the oven for 180 degress and bake the cake for 30 mins. It depends on the oven. I would post a perfect/ simple, fool proof cake recipe soon
What’s your favourite dessert?