Sweet kuzhi paniyaram is a superb variant for usually spicy paniyaram. Here the same batter which is used for making regular kuzhi paniyaram, only thing is you should not add salt to the batter.
Prep Time 30 mins
Kuzhi paniyaram batter 1/2 kg or 500 ml (unsalted and fermented)
Powdered palm jaggery (karupatti) or jaggery 50 gms
Elaichi/ Cardamom powder 2-3 tsp
Ghee for shallow frying 3-4 tbsp
1. Add the powdered palm jaggery/ jaggery and cardamom powder to the kuzhi paniyaram batter.
2. Heat the kuzhi paniyaram pan. Add a tsp of ghee in all the holes.
3. Pour the batter slowly, close the pan with a lid and cook it in medium flame.
4. After 2-3 minutes, turn the kuzhi paniyarams with a stick. (A chopstick or a spoon)
5. Cook it until the outer layer is crisp and dark brown in colour.
Serve hot for evening snack!