Are you bored of regular cooking? Wanna try something easy as well as kids “friendly” at the same time? Just chill, take a few moments in reading this super easy pulao recipe and a simple ladies finger fry as its accompaniment. I’m sure you would have a good short break from your kitchen till the evening! Try it and please do leave me your comments!
Basmati rice 2 cups (soaked for half an hour and strained)
Onions 2 big sided thinly chopped
Ghee-3 tbsp, oil 1 tsp (if you are a vegan you can use 4 tbsp oil)
Jeera 1/2 tsp
To grind: (grind this coarsely)
Green chilies 3 nos.
pepper corns 4 nos.
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 3 pods
green cardamom 3,
Star anise 2,
Garam masala 1 tbsp
Veggies: (sliced into 1 inch sized pieces)
Carrots 2 nos,
Beans 4nos ,
Potato 1 no.
Lemon juice 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Heat a pan, add 1 tbsp ghee. Add half of the sliced onions, cashews and raisins and saute till it turns dark brown. Keep it aside.
2. In a cooker, heat the remaining ghee and oil. Add jeera, and then add the ground paste and garam masala. Then add the remaining sliced onions and salt
3. Now Add all the vegetables and saute it for a few mins. (around 3 mins)
4. Then, Add the strained rice. Saute it again for few mins, till the moisture from the rice goes off.
5. Add the lemon juice and saute it for a minute. Add 3.5 cups of water. (or according to the type of Basmati rice you use, refer to the respective package for measurement)
6. Close the lid, simmer the stove and put the cooker weight (vent) for 5-7 mins.
6. Finally when the rice is ready top it up with fried onions, cashew and raisins.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Crispy Ladies Finger
Ladies Finger sliced thinly 1/2 kg
2 tsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Jeera powder
3 tsp of chilli powder
1 tsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of Dry mango powder or dry mango powder,1tspn of garammasala powder,
1. In a big bowl, add oil, turmeric powder, jeera powder, chili powder, coriander and dry mango powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and add sliced ladies finger to it.
2. Mix all the ingredients well.
3. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the spice coated ladies finger.
This goes well with the Pulao.