Spinach (Cheera malagoshyam) Tomato Curry is a healthy meal, can be prepared very easily. This recipe is just the same like Palak Paneer that is prepared in north India. The main difference here is we don’t add paneer, but, we add grated coconut and toor dal.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Chopped Spinach 1 bowl
Onion Shallots 10 nos roughly chopped
Finely chopped Tomato 1 no
Chilli powder 1tsp
Grated Coconut 1 cup
Cooked Toor dal 1 cup
Mustard seeds 1tsp
Red chili 3 nos
Green chili 4 nos roughly chopped
Curry leaves a few
Coconut oil 1 tbsp
1. In a kadai, heat oil, add mustard seeds. Let it crackle. Then, Add red chili, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chilies.
2. Saute it for a minute. Let the raw smell go. Now, add the onion shallots and saute til it turns light brown.
3. Add tomato, chili powder and spinach. Mix well and let it cook for a minute.
4. Add required salt. Then add daal and mix well.
5. Grind coconut and jeera to smooth paste and add it to the spinach.
6. Close the kadai with a lid. Check for salt. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
Tasty spinach curry is ready.
Spinach curry goes well with rice or chapathi or roti.