Pumpkin or Chakkara pushani has a mild sweetness. The more ripe it is more good is the taste of the dish. Be it pumpkin sambar, puli kozhambu or pumpkin chutney or pumpkin karameedhu.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chopped Pumpkin 250gms
Cooking oil 2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Hing 1/2 tsp
Red chilli 1 no.
Powdered Jaggery 1 tbsp
Grated coconut 1 tbsp (or more as per your taste)
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Wait till it crackles, add red chilli and hing.
2. Add the chopped pumpkin and add some water, salt and jaggery.
3. Close the pan with a lid and let the pumpkin cook.
4. The pumpkin should not over cook and it shouldn’t break.
5. When the pumpkin is cooked just right, switch off the stove and add the grated coconut.
6. If you want it to be more sweet or more spicy add jaggery and chilli accordingly.
Serve hot with south Indian meal