Pumpkin chutney/ Parangikai/ chakkara pushani chutney
Chopped pumkin – 150 gms
Chopped tomato – 1 no. (medium sized)
Bengal gram – 1 tbsp.
Red chillies 3-4 nos.
curry leaves a handful
cooking oil 2 tbsp
1. In a pan heat 1 tbsp. oil and add Bengal gram
2. Then add the red chillies and saute till the Bengal gram turns golden brown
3. Now turn off the stove, add the curry leaves and keep aside.
4. Heat the same pan, add the chopped pumpkin and saute till the pumpkin is half cooked. This may take upto 7-10 mins.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and saute till it gets cooked.
6. Turn off the stove and leave it till it comes to room temperature.
7. Now transfer the sautéed ingredients to a blender jar, add salt and water.
8. Ground it to required consistency by adding some water.
Serve it hot with idlies or dosa.
Adding Tempering is optional for this recipe. However, if you like it. Then,
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a small pan, add mustard seeds. Wait till it splutters. Add hing and few ripped curry leaves.
- Add it to the chutney
You may also like,
Arachivitta Tomato onion sambar