Peanut Chutney is ideal for breakfast and compliments well with Rava Idly. Peanuts are high in calorie and protein so it is best consumed in mornings, as you have enough time to burn the loaded calories. Peanut Chutney is simple and tastier than many other chutneys. It is mostly preferred by kids for its nutty taste.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
1 cup peanuts/ groundnuts dry roasted and peeled
Tamarind pulp of 1 small lemon sized ball
2 tsp jeera
1 tsp coriander seeds
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp asafoetida/Hing
2 red chilies
2 green chilies
1 tsp mustard
Two sprigs curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
Salt to taste
Oil for tempering
- In a small pan heat oil, add asafoetida, jeera and coriander seeds. Saute it for a few seconds and then add red chilies, garlic and chopped green chilies
- Saute till the green chilies change colour.
- Add this tempering to a mixer grinder jar and as it cools down and add the groundnut
- Pulse it to a coarse powder and then add tamarind pulp, salt and a some water.
- Grind it to a fine paste. Add more water to adjust the consistency.
Serve with Hot Rava Idlies.