Paneer Butter Masala is a classic Indian accompaniment for Rotis or Phulkas. It is incredibly tasty with fresh cottage cheese dipped in spicy cashewnut gravy. The best part of this recipe is it is very easy and simple, at the same time it is rich and delicious.
Prep time 10 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Paneer 200 gm cut in small cubes.
Tomatoes 3 nos. chopped as chunks
Finely chopped onions 1 no.
Cashews 5 nos.
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Kashmiri chili powder 2-3 tsp
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Milk 1/2 cup
Tomato sauce 1 tsp
Kasuri methi 2 tsp
Butter 3 cubes
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Oil for frying paneer
Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the paneer in oil and keep it aside.
- Grind the tomatoes and cashews to a smooth paste.
- Take a bowl and mix together – coriander powder, kashmirichilli powder, jeera powder, the tomato-cashew paste, half cup of milk, tomato sauce and kasuri methi.
- Heat a pan, add the butter. Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste. saute well.
- Then add in the mixture kept in the bowl and let it cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Now, add in the fried paneer. Add salt and mix well. You can add more milk according to the consistency you want.
- Close the lid and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Add in the chopped corriander leaves for garnish and top it up with fresh cream.
- Instead of frying the paneer pieces, you can boil a cup of water and soak the sliced paneer for 5 mins. This would soften the paneer and would blend well with the gravy
Tasty paneer butter masala is ready to have with roti, naan or pulao…