Egg Curry is my favorite dish from Kerala Cuisine. It has wonderful spices that compliments well with the eggs. If you don’t like to eat boiled eggs this recipe is the best bet for you.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Egg boiled-4 nos.
Big onion-3 chopped finely
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Tomato-1 chopped finely
Fennel seeds – half tsp
Coconut oil 2 to 3 tbsp
Warm water 1 1/2cups
Curry leaves a few
Coriander leaves for garnish.
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Corriander powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Pepper powder-1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Chicken masala powder or meat masala powder – 2 tsp
- Take a pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil. Then add fennel seeds. Let it crackle then add half of chopped big onions and saute till it turns light brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell is gone. Then add all the powders one by one. Saute it for 2 minutes. Transfer it to a blender jar and grind to smooth paste.
- Take a kadai, heat the rest of the coconut oil and add rest of onions and curry leaves. Saute it till the onions turn light brown.
- Add the ground masala. Saute it till the mixture turns into dark brown.
- Then add tomatoes.Saute til it turns mushy.
- Add the warm water and add in the required salt.
- Once the dish comes to simmer the flame and add the eggs which are slit on four sides or cut into halves. Let it boil for 5 minutes then switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander Leaves
Egg curry goes well with chapathi, dosa and pulao.