Easy vegetable chicken curry for chapati is a blend of chicken and veggies in tomato gravy, flavored with fresh ground spices. This is an easy dinner recipe. If you have a couple of leftover chicken pieces, you can prepare this quickly. This is one of the easiest non veg recipes, I should say. This is a Bengali Recipe that I learnt from one of my friends.
It tastes great with hot chapatis or phulkas. It serves two purpose, getting rid of your leftover veggies and chicken pieces! For a yummy recipe of course.
Easy Vegetable chicken Curry
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 15 min
For the gravy (grind it to smooth paste)
Onion 1 no.
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 3 pods.
Chicken pieces-6 to 10 small pieces
Carrots sliced in small squares-2
Potato slices in small squares-2
Oil 1 tbsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Bay Leaf 1 no.
Cinnamon 1 inch piece
Cloves 2 nos.
Onion finely chopped 1 no.
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Kashmiri chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Tomato finely chopped 1 no.
Garam masala 1 tsp
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat a cooker, add oil and then add jeera, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves.
- Saute for a few seconds, add the chopped onion
- Saute for a few minutes. When it turns light brown color add the ground mixture and saute for a few more minutes. (about 5 mins)
- Then add corriander powder, chili powder, Kashmiri chili powder and turmeric powder. Saute till the raw smell goes off
- Now, add the chopped tomato, carrots and potato. Add required salt and saute it for 3-4 mins.
- Then add chicken pieces required water. Close the cooker with its lid and cook for 2 to 3 whistles.
- When the cooker is ready to open, add garam masala powder and garnish with coriander leaves
Serve hot with Chapati
What is your favourite Chicken recipe? Leave in your comments!