Rava Ladoo is one of the easiest sweets ever! It is a huge hit among the kids. I love preparing rava laddoo, it is actually worth the time spent. However you prepare this, thing would never go wrong with this sweet. Unlike many other sweets, you do really have to be very watchful while making this. This recipe is the must for any festivals in India. There are many other laddoo prepared almost the same way, here are to name a few:
Maa laadoo – This is prepared with roasted moong dal flour.
Saththumaavu laadoo – This is another variant where we use mixed sprout flour. One of the healthiest laddoos
Godhumai laadoo – This is prepared with wheat flour. There are many versions for this. I would explain in a new post soon.
Til laadoo/ Yel urundai – This is made with roasted til powder.
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 5 mins
Sooji or Rava -1 cup
Powdered sugar-3/4-1 cup( acc to one’s taste)
Elachi powder- 1 tea spoon
Ghee ( melted)- 1/4-1/2 cup
- Heat ghee in a pan & roast cashew nuts & raisins. Once golden, remove and set aside.
- Coarsely grind Rava in a blender.
- Add ghee to a hot pan & roast the Rava till golden.
- Add powdered sugar, roast Rava ,nuts, elaichi powder & melted ghee to a bowl & mix well.
- Start rolling into ladoos while the mixture is warm.
- For better results, grease the palm with ghee before rolling.
Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Yummy, mouth-watering, home-made laddoos ready to taste.
This is my all time festive favourite sweet. What is yours?