This is the easiest mutton recipe ever. If you are a beginner and if you want to quickly make your own non vegetarian dish. Mutton curry is just for you. This comes very handy mostly on Sundays.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Mutton chopped in medium size 500 gm
Onions 2 finely chopped
Bay leaf 1
Ginger garlic paste 1 1/2 tsp
Tomato 1 finely chopped
Jeera powder 1/2 tsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Meat masala 1 1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Chili powder 1 tsp
Pepper powder 1 1/2 tsp
Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon 1 (about 1 inch)
Curry leaves a few
Coconut oil 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves for garnish
1. In a cooker, heat oil, add cinnamon, bayleaf, fennel seeds, ginger-garlic paste. Saute it for a minute
2. When the raw smell goes of, add onions and curry leaves. Saute it till becomes brown.
3. Then add all the powders. Fry it the raw smell goes.
4. Then add the chopped tomatoes.Fry till tomatoes are mushy and blends well with the masala. Add required salt.
5. Then add mutton pieces.Mix well.
Add about half cup of water. Check the salt.
6. Pressure cook it for 3 whistles.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
If you want the curry to be dry like roast then transfer the entire dish into a pan, Put the flame on low. Let it cook in low flame for a while. Gradually it turns out to be a beautiful mutton dry masala.
Serve hot with steamed Rice or Roti or Naan or even Dosa
Easiest and tasty way of cooking mutton.
Enjoy! Please do leave your comments!