Cluster Beans Pan cake or Goru chikkudukai masala attu is a lip smacking recipe. This can be had on anytime of the day. Suits best for lunch with hot Rasam rice.
This makes me nostalgic. I remember preparing this “attu” with my grandmom. The immense passion and expertise with which she used to toss this attu is priceless.
I learnt to prepare this from my grand mother, of course. This dish is almost similar to paruppu usili prepared by tambrahms. The ingredients are mostly similar. We add garlic, jeera and sesame seeds to this, which gives an extra punch and makes this unique to Andhra cuisine.
Cluster Beans Pan cake/ Goru Chikkudukai Masala Attu
Prep Time 15 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Cluster beans 1/4 kg (chop it into 1 inch pieces)
Sesame seeds 50 gm
Red chilies 7 nos.
Jeera 1 tbsp
Rice 2 tbsp (soaked for 1/2 hour)
Onions medium sized 2 chopped
Garlic 1 small bulb (cloves peeled)
Turmeric 1 tsp
- Boil the cluster beans in water with little salt. Strain it and set aside.
- Grind masalas to a smooth paste
- Add beans to the paste and mix well
- Heat a tawa add oil make a small pan cakehand. Spread ittawa
- Wait for the bottom side to get roasted. When done carefully turn it
- Cook the other side as well.
Serve hot with Rasam
#1 You could prepare this dish even with beans, Raw jackfruit and broad beans
#2 Be generous while adding oil otherwise it may not taste really great