Chicken drumstick curry is yet another tasty non-veg recipe from Kerala cuisine. The marinated chicken cooked in fresh coconut milk has an extraordinary taste and flavour. The main condiment for this dish is the fennel powder and chicken masala. It blends well with the marinated chicken. It is a delicious combo for pulao or roti.
Chicken drumstick 6 pieces
Lime juice -1tspn
Kashmiri chilli powder-1 1/2tspn
Turmeric powder-1/2 tspn
For the curry
Oil 2 tbsp
Onion chopped finely 2 nos
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Corriander powder 1 1/2 tsp
Fennel powder 1/4 tsp
Chicken masala powder 2 tsp
Coconut milk 1/2 cup (50 ml)
Curry leaves a few
- Marinate the Chicken drumstick with pepper powder, lime juice, Kashmiri chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for one hour.
- In a pan shallow fry the chicken and keep it aside.
- Take another pan, heat oil, add the chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, fennel powder, chicken masala and requried salt. Saute well.
- Then add the fried chicken drumstick and mix well.
- Now, add thick coconut milk 1/2 cup and curry leaves.
- Close it with a lid and in a low flame let it cook for 10 minutes
Delicious chicken drumstick curry is ready to be served with pulao and chapathi!