Cauliflower is one of the tastiest veggies which can make your lunch an interesting one. This goes really well with sambar, rasam or even curd rice. This recipe is a little time consuming as compared to the other lunch recipes. The cleaning process of the cauliflower is a little elaborate as I do not trust anybody else!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cauliflower florets 1 bowl (roughly1/2 kg)
Oil 5 tbsp
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Rice flour 3⁄4 tbsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
Hing/ Asfoetida 1⁄2 tsp
Cleaning the cauliflower florets
1. Cut the whole cauliflower into 1 inch florets.
2. Boil 1 litre of water in a vessel and add some salt.
3. When the water starts boiling add the cauliflower florets and turmeric powder.
4. After 1 minute turn off the stove.
5. The cauliflower should not get cooked.
6. Leave it for 1 min in the boiled water and then strain it using a strainer.
Method – for sauteing cauliflower
1. Heat 4 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan
2. Add mustard seeds and wait till it crackles.
3. Now add the cleaned cauliflower florets and toss it every 30 secs.
4. Do not add salt now as the cauliflower may leave lot of water.
5. Saute it till it gets half cooked.
6. Now in a bowl add gram flour, rice flour, salt, hing and chilli powder mix well
7. Sprinkle the mixed flour on the sauteed cauliflower
Serve hot with south Indian lunch