Capsicum vadhakal is everyone’s favourite south Indian veg recipe. It goes well with rasam rice or pumpkin vatha kuzhambu. It’s simple and easy to cook.
Chopped Capsicum 2 Nos. (Chop it to julliens)
Chopped onion 1 no. (Medium sized, julliens)
Cooking oil 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Hing/ Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Bengal gram flour 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Heat a thick bottomed pan, add cooking oil and mustard seeds, wait till it crackles.
2. Add hing, and chopped onions.
3. Saute it for a minute, now add the chopped capsicums and add a little salt.
4. Toss it for 5 minutes until the capsicum gets cooked but still crunchy. Do not overcook capsicum as it will leave lot of water and spoil the taste.
5. Now add Bengal gram flour, red chilli powder and saute it until the raw smell of the flour disappears. Usually it takes a minute.
Serve it with Hot south Indian meal, goes will with Rasam rice or Pumpkin kuzhambu