Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 15 mins
Fresh butter beans and peas (peeled of course!) 200 gm
Chopped Onions 2 nos.
Chopped Tomatoes 2 nos.
Ginger 1 inch size
Melon seeds 1/2 – 1 tbsp
Oil 2 tsp
Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
Shahi jeera 1 tsp
cloves 4/5 Nos
Cardamom (green) 1-2nos.
Black cardamom 1 no.
Bay leaf 1 no.
Slit green chilies 2 nos.
chili powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Sugar 1/2 tsp
1. In a skillet, heat 1 tsp oil, add onions and saute it till it caramolzes
2. Then add chopped tomatoes, ginger and melon seeds. Saute it for few minutes. Till the tomatoes get cooked
3. Transfer it to a blender jar, wait till it comes to room temperature and grind it to a smooth paste.
4. In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tsp oil, add fennel seeds, shahi jeera, cloves, black and green cardamom, bay leaf and saute it for few secounds.
5. Now add the green chilies and the ground paste. Saute this for few minutes.
6. Add the beans and peas, Chili powder and sugar. Check for salt.
7. Cook this for 2-3 whistles.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and hand-crushed kasuri methi
Serve hot with rotis or jeera rice