Bread bonda is yet another easy snack recipe. This is my kids’ favorite snack. You can make it with left over potato masala that you prepared for poori in the morning! Try this one and do leave me your comments.
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
Potatoes 3 nos.
Onion, finely chopped 1 no. (medium sized)
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Red chili 2 nos.
Green chilies 3 nos. (slit)
Oil 1 tbsp for the stuffing
For the bonda
Bread (white preferably) 1 loaf
Oil for frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 3 whistles. Peel and smash it with hand and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan-add oil, add mustard seeds. Let it crackle. Then add the red chilies, curry leaves and green chilies
- Then add the chopped onion, turmeric powder and salt. Saute it well.
- Now, add the potatoes. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Take out the green chili from the cooked masala so that you don’t bite it while eating the bonda.
Potato Masala is ready.
Method – to prepare bonda
- Heat oil in a skillet for frying
- Take a bread slice and cut its edges.
- Then in vessel of water lightly dip the bread and take immediately.Then place the bread on your palm and press so that the water is drained and bread is just wet. Squeeze out the excess water
- Take 1 tsp of the potato masala and place in middle of the bread and with hand make a shape of ball.
- Deep fry it.
Tasty evening snack is ready.
Kids will be eager to have more for sure. Serve with tomato ketchup.