Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Ash guard 1/2kg
Carrot 4 nos
Beans 5 nos
Raw banana 1 no.
Drumstick 1 no.
Coconut 1 cup
Green chili 3-4 nos. (depends on how spicy you want)
Jeera 1 tsp
Curd 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves a few
Coconut oil 1 tsp
1. Chop all the vegetables into 1 inch long slices
2. Take a deep pot kadai and cook all the chopped vegetables with turmeric powder and salt by closing it with a lid.
3. Grind together grated coconut, green chili and jeera into a smooth paste
4. Add this paste to the cooked vegetables. Let it cook for few minutes. Add required salt.
5. Switch off the stove. Then add curd, coconut oil and curry leaves.
Tamil Nadu style
It is just an addition to this recipe here, we add tempering. We use coconut oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves along with it’s thin stem and then some hing.
You can use any vegetable, like, Capsicum, broad beans, cluster beans, brinjal, green peas or even potatoes.
Instead of adding coconut oil, you can use the regular refined oil, if you prefer. But, coconut oil gives a better taste.
Serve hot with Tamarind rice, Lemon rice or as a sidedish for any south Indian meal.
Aviyal goes well with Adai and Dosa also.