This is a great combination for any thogayal. It can even be mixed with cooked rice and ghee. The gooseberry can be fresh ones or dried ones that is available in grocery stores across India. This recipe is so simple, prepared for lunch. It is an excellent body coolant.
Fresh Gooseberries/ Amla/ Nellikai 3-4 (Remove the seed and chop it into small cubes)
Green chillies 3 Nos.
Grated coconut 1 1/2 tbsp
Curd 150 ml
Cooking oil 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves 4-5 nos
Hing/ Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. In a blender jar, add the chopped gooseberries, green chillies and grated coconut. Grind it into a fine paste by adding some water.
2. Transfer it to a serving bowl and add curd
3. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, leave it to crackle.
4. Now turn off the stove, add hing and curry leaves.
5. Add this tempering to the ground pachchadi, add salt and mix well.
Serve with cooked rice or as side dish for any thogayal