Aloo Paratha is everyone’s favorite. I’m sure many of our paratha adventures started with preparing Aloo Paratha. It is simple and tasty just like every other recipe in this blog. The best part of this paratha is, whatever juggaads you do to the stuffing, it tastes great. Like for example, if you have any left over potato curry (dry curry) you could use it here. Nobody could figure it out!
I’m sure everyone of you like Aloo Paratha the mos. Of course, if you are not a potato hater. Does anyone hate potato? (hardly, a few?)
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
Boiled potatoes 3 nos.
Jeera 1 tsp (optional)
Amchur powder or dry mango powder little
Garam masala powder
Greenchilli chopped finely
Chat masala powder
Ginger (chopped finely)
Coriander leaves (chopped finely)
For making the parathas
Make roti dough with 1 cup (200 ml) atta.
- Take a bowl, mash the potatoes well, so there are no lumps.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Make two small Rotis with the dough. Fill in the masala between two.
- Close the openings well. Make a paratha with a rolling pin.
- Heat a pan, put the paratha in the pan. Add oil and cook both sides well
- After you make it add 1 tsp of ghee on top.
Serve with curd or pickle or tomato sauce.
You can add finely chopped onions along with potatoes if you like. This recipe is for those who don’t like onions in aloo paratha
What is your first paratha adventure/ misadventure? We would love to hear it!