I was wondering what to cook for dinner yesterday! I forgot to soak black gram thinking that I can manage with some leftover tomato chutney. But when my craving started for something really delicious and simple. I searched the fridge to find out some cauliflower. That’s when I decided to make aloo-gobi masala. This is the simplest side-dish for roti or chapati. It takes only 20-30 mins to prepare.
Prep Time 10 min
Cook Time 10 min
Medium sized Cauliflower (clean it and take out the flowerets)
Potatoes 4 nos. (Sliced as cubes)
Fresh green peas 1 small cup
Jeera 2 tsp
Bay leaf 1 no.
Onions 2 nos. Finely chopped
Tomatoes finely chopped 2 nos
Chili Powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji masala 1 tsp (optional)
Kasuri methi 1 tsp (crushed with hand)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
- First parboil the flowerets or gobi and sliced potatoes.
- Then, heat a pan and add oil. Add the boiled veggies and peas. Saute it for 2 mins. Set aside.
- Take a kadai, heat 2 tbsp oil and add jeera, bay leaf, onions, coriander powder, chili powder. turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Saute well for 2 mins.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and kasuri methi crushed. Saute again for 2-3 mins.
- Now, Add the sauteed veggies. Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Finally before taking the dish from flame add in little garam masala powder or paavbaji masala..and toss it…
Tasty aloo-gobi masala is ready. Serve hot with chapathi or roti..enjoy!