Prep time 30 mins
Agathi keerai or August tree leaves – 2 Cups (separated from the thick stem and washed)
Onions finely chopped – 2 nos.
Moong dhal – 1 tbsp
Grated Coconut – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tsps
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – 1/2 tsp
Red chillies – 2-3 nos.
Curry leaves – 5-10 nos
1. In a pressure cooker, cook agathi keerai and moong dal, add half cup of water and cook for 3 whistles,
2. In a skillet heat oil and add mustard seeds. As soon as it crackles add hing, red chillies and curry leaves.
3. Then add the chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent
4. Now add the cooked greens and moong and salt. Saute till the water is completely absorbed.
5. Now add the grated coconut.
Serve hot with rice and amla or gooseberry thayir pachchadi